Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Coffee Paint?



I stumbled upon this video when searching for videos similar to my previous post Art in a Cup. Unlike that video where art was created in the cup of coffee, this video uses coffee as a medium.

This post is going to be a bit off the coffee track because this coffee art piece inspired me to research other forms of art. More specifically film art.

Padre Nuestro won the best US drama in the Sundance Film Festival Awards held in Park City, Utah on January 27th (I will have to rent it and let everyone know if it deserves the award ;). Independent films are my sisters favorite type of film. Years ago, when she came home to Buffalo for vacations, she would drag me to the independent movie theater around our house and we would watch all the latest released films. Now it takes less effort on her part to persuade me to go because unlike Hollywood films, you can see the creative genius within independent films. The acting is better, the emotions feel real and the plot line is more involved (in a good in-depth way). I feel like I am supporting TALENT when I buy a film ticket.

There are many indie (independent) film festival throughout the world, of which the most famous includes the Sundance Film Festival, the Slamdance Film Festival, the South By Southwest film festival, the Raindance Film Festival, or the Cannes Film Festival. The award winning films will usually get picked up by major film studio.
Link
There is a new indie film coming out November 2nd "Wrist Cutters: A Love Story" which is about a world, or almost limbo where people are stuck when they "off" themselves. It sounds a bit morbid saying it like that but it has multiple nominations and awards from various independent film festivals. This film also has some mainstream actors, including Patrick Fugit, Leslie Bibb, and Shannyn Sossamon, which is becoming more of a trend in this film industry. Actors such as George Clooney, Robert Downey Jr, Sandra Bullock, Matt Dillon and many more have been doing independent films lately. This movie is definitely at the top of my movie list! (Wristcutters website)

I will let everyone know how the film is as soon as I see it. Well sorry for the non-coffee post, I was just feeling like I needed to mix it up!

No comments: